http://bestflights.co.za/africa/malawi – Visit for more information on Malawi
Malawi, a country in Africa, is also known as the “Warm Heart of Africa” because of the friendliness of its people. The capital city, Lilongwe, is the largest city of Malawi and started as a small village on the banks of the Lilongwe river. With its large rural areas, Malawi is among the least developed countries in the world, but also a place where you can experience the unrivaled combination of landscapes, wildlife, lake and cultures.
What to see / do
• Africa Street Market — Great buys and original artworks
• Cape Maclear — A small fishing village and a leading tourist destination
• Kuti Wildlife Park – Highlighting the importance of conservation.
• Lake Malawi — The third largest and second deepest lake in Africa.
• Lake Malawi National Park — The first freshwater national park in the world, an area of exceptional natural beauty
• Lilongwe Nature Sanctuary and Wildlife Center — A wildlife rescue, conservation and education centre
• Mount Mulanje — A remarkable natural resource with a stunning forest reserve which is home to a rich and diverse endemic plant and animal species.
• Senga Bay – Offering visitors a beautiful beach, campsites, hotel and some of the best curios in Malawi.
• Zomba Plateau — Malawi’s oldest forest reserve, with waterfalls and walking trails amidst the forests
• Lake of Stars International Music Festival — A three day music festival on the beaches of Malawi.
• Lake Malawi International Yachting Marathon — A small boat sailing race, since 1984.
• The Bwato Race — An annual canoeing race.
• The Mount Mulanje Porters Race — Runners can run a rocky and rough route up the mountain for a distance of about 25 km.